4th and 5th Grade Crew Info
We have been working on a pre-chemistry unit on solutions and mixtures. Students have been challenged to use lab equipment to separate salt and water, making mixtures of non-Neutonian fluids, measured viscosity of different fluids, and studied conservation of mass through the use of triple beam balances.
In the science lab we follow Colorado state standards to inform the trajectory of our lesson sequence.
- Mixtures of matter can be separated regardless of how they were created; all weight and mass of the mixture are the same as the sum of weight and mass of its parts
- All organisms have structures and systems with separate functions
- Human body systems have basic structures, functions, and needs
Earth Systems Science
- Earth and sun provide a diversity of renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Earth’s surface changes constantly through a variety of processes and forces
- Weather conditions change because of the uneven heating of Earth’s surface by the Sun’s energy. Weather changes are measured by differences in temperature, air pressure, wind and water in the atmosphere and type of precipitation